October 4, 2013
Job description: Part time Animal Handler / Driver for high volume spay neuter clinic in Hillside NJ Afternoon hours from 2 until 6 pm Monday thru Friday Position pays 10.00 Must have Valid NJ license and a clean record. person must be able to carry a large breed dog Contact Carol at People for Animals 973 282 0890 Ext. 204 or E mail firstname.lastname@example.org . Thank You
August 16, 2013
Sponsored by Tomahawk Live Trap – www.livetrap.com
Space is Limited - Get your TICKETS today!!!
8:00 am – 8:15 am
Registration & Continental Breakfast
8:15 am - 9:45 am
Thinking Outside The Cat Box: How To Save More Felines, Emily Garman, The Social Animal
9:45 am – 10:00 am - Break
10:00 am – 11:45 am
Feline Enrichment and Stress Reduction, Dr. Stephanie Janezcko, DVM, MS, DABVP, CAWA, American SPCA
11:45 am – 12:30 pm - Lunch
12:30 pm – 2:00 pm
Feline Safe Handling, Natasha Drain, American SPCA
2:00 pm – 2:15 pm - Break
2:15 pm – 3:45 pm
Pets for Life: Reaching Cats in Your Community, Ashley Mutch, Humane Society of the US
3:45 pm – 4:00 pm - Break
4:00 p m – 5:30 pm
TNR Panel Discussion
Get your TICKETS today!!!
Speakers, Topics and Schedule Subject to Change
June 3, 2013
Animal Control Officer
St. Hubert’s Animal Welfare Center is seeking an experienced Certified Animal Control Officer to join our team. The selected candidate works to ensure a safe and harmonious environment for both human and animal residents of the community. Duties include responding to dispatches to provide animal rescue, municipal and public assistance with animal-related situations and enforcement of state and local statutes as outlined in St. Hubert’s contracts with a number of New Jersey municipalities. Provides compassionate and professional service and advice in all situations and treats all animals humanely both on and off the job.
If interested, please contact:
Becky Burton, Shelter Manager
Kennel Attendant/Adoption Counselor
St. Hubert’s Animal Welfare Center is seeking an energetic, dedicated individual to join our team as a kennel attendant/adoption counselor. Both full-time and part-time positions are available. This position is responsible for providing quality care and sanitary housing for all the shelter animals and also providing excellent customer service to the public. Duties include cleaning, feeding, medicating, prepping animals for adoption, computer work and other tasks as needed. The ideal candidate must possess a strong work ethic, good communication skills, the ability to multi-task and good animal handling skills.
If interested, please contact:
Madison Shelter Manager - Becky Burton
By email: email@example.com
By Phone: (973) 377-2295
North Branch Shelter Manager - Cliff Brescia
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Phone: (908) 526-3330
June 3, 2013
ST. HUBERT’S ANIMAL WELFARE CENTER
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM MANAGER
Broad Function: The Volunteer Program Manager is responsible for the growth and management of St. Hubert’s Volunteer Program. Responsible for creating and implementing comprehensive recruitment, training, engagement, retention and management programs for St. Hubert’s volunteers in order to enable volunteers to assist in meeting St. Hubert’s critical needs.
The Volunteer Manager reports to the Vice President of Operations and Communications and hires/supervises paid volunteer office staff and other volunteers as directed.
- Draft Volunteer Program annual plan and budget for approval by Vice President of Operations and Communications.
- Work closely with senior staff and department directors to provide qualified volunteers to respond to the needs of the organization.
- Effectively manage new volunteer recruitment, application, interview and evaluation process to grow volunteers, and keep current volunteer applications, agreements, screening process and volunteer handbook/guide(s).
- Assign and schedule new volunteers to tasks including: Reception, Adoption Greeters, Foster Care, Clerical Help, Dog Walking, Canine Coach, Feline Socialization, Kennel and Cattery Cleaning, Off-Site Adoption Counseling, Paws for People, Training Assistants, Special Events and others as identified and requested.
- Organize and conduct orientation workshops for new volunteers.
- Aggressively recruit and cultivate volunteers individually and collectively. Plan and implement cultivation events.
- Establish volunteer training and oversee volunteer training by staff members. Manage volunteer issues and disputes, providing retraining and terminating the volunteer relationship of any individual who is not appropriate for the role.
- Manage all communication with volunteers and relating to volunteer program.
- Maintain consistently updated volunteer database including personal and contact information, skills, desired activities and hours, and hours donated.
- Design and implement volunteer appreciation activities, events and communication.
- Assist in planning, preparation and execution of special events, meetings and presentations as requested, attending most St. Hubert’s events and supervising event volunteers.
- Draft, produce, and distribute weekly Volunteer e-newsletter.
- Establish ongoing liaisons with community organizations and businesses to facilitate the growth of the volunteer program and represent St. Hubert’s at various community groups as directed.
- Provide monthly report on volunteer hours, activities and department goals and other reports as requested. Capture and share information on the program and impact with communications and development for newsletters, website or online postings or other communications.
- Other duties as required.
- Strong leadership, relationship building and diplomatic skills required.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong organizational skills.
- High level of computer literacy and proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Valid New Jersey driver’s license.
- Basic knowledge of animal welfare issues.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of fifty pounds.
- Must have a passion for the mission of St. Hubert’s Animal Welfare Center and enjoy an office environment with animals.
To apply send cover letter and resume to Kim Saunders, VP of Operations and Communication at email@example.com
April 7, 2011
Under the supervision of the VP of Development, the manager is responsible for the implementation and success of corporate, foundation and individual solicitations. The Development Manger integrates new strategies to engage and retain members using a variety of online tools, written materials, special events and social media sites. The successful candidate must demonstrate excellent writing and organizational skills, and be able to identify and properly convey compelling fundraising stories. S/he must have excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to work in a fast paced environment and an understanding of database management. Familiarity with Blackbaud software, such as Raisers Edge & Sphere preferred.
A Bachelors degree and minimum of 3 years fundraising experience (or comparable experience) is required. We are seeking a team player with a sense of humor, a passion for animal welfare and someone who embraces and enjoys sharing workspace with animals.