Basic Course for Animal Facility Staff and Volunteers At St. Hubert’s September 26-28
September 8, 2011
Basic Course for Animal Facility Staff and Volunteers
St. Huberts Animal Welfare Center
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, September 26, 27, 28, 2011
Career Development Institute is offering the first Certificated Basic Course for Animal Facility Staff and Volunteers at St. Huberts Animal Welfare Center. During this three day course, you will have the opportunity to be taught by, interact with, and build relationships with some of the foremost experts in the State of New Jersey regarding shelter operations, procedures, and Animal Welfare.
Anyone interested in working in a shelter or who is responsible for shelter operations should attend this course. This includes, kennel managers, shelter workers, pet shop managers, rescue group personnel, health directors and officials, volunteers, pet owners and those interested in animal welfare. Course Overview:
· New Jersey statutes & regulations related to shelters, pet shops, kennels, pounds, rescues, pet owners, feral cat caretakers, animal rescue groups, puppy “lemon” law, adoption policies, spay/neuter requirements, exotics & permits
· Interacting with New Jersey agencies and organizations
· Animal behavior & breed recognition, familiarization with animal cruelty
· Animal safe handling techniques (domestics, wildlife, and livestock)
· Animal disease recognition, treatment, and prevention.
· Pet First Aid Certification
· Practical application of shelter operation techniques (tour & practicals)
· Feral cat management programs
· Best practices: cleaning, medical care, temperament evaluations & behavior modification, customer service, community outreach programs, national resource & continuing education opportunities: free webinars, conferences, magazines, books, etc.
The course will be held on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, September 26, 27, 28, 2011 at St. Huberts Animal Welfare Center, 575 Woodland Avenue, Madison, NJ. Classes will be held from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm each day. Enrollment is open to anyone interested in animals and there are no requirements for prior experience or training to attend this course. Completion of the course and certification requires attendance at all classes.
Tuition for this program is $249, which includes all materials. Course registration materials may be found at: http://www.cditraining.org/pages/registration/sheltermanagersapplication.htm
Please contact Career Development Institute with any questions that you may have. Curriculum and instructors bios can be found at: http://www.cditraining.org/pages/courses/AnimalFacilitysept2011.doc
Career Development Institute