Free Compassion Fatigue Seminar at St. Hubert’s Dog Training School on Oct 28 or 29th
October 5, 2011
Please join us on October 28 or 29 as the ASPCA presents,
“Compassion Fatigue to Compassion Satisfaction: On the Job Stress Management”
Sponsored by the Animal Welfare Federation of New Jersey.
We are offering this compassion fatigue workshop FREE of charge (see description below) to animal welfare associates.
This 4-hour session is being offered twice at St. Hubert’s Dog Training School, 22 Prospect St, Madison, NJ 07940:
- Friday, October 28, 2011 from 1 pm - 5 pm OR
- Saturday, October 29, 2011 from 1 pm - 5 pm
Registration is limited to 25 people each day, so act quickly.
To reserve your spot today, email email@example.com and indicate which date you would like to attend.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at 856-740-1344 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Compassion Fatigue to Compassion Satisfaction: On the Job Stress Management
Speaker: Jesse Winters, ASPCA
Compassion Fatigue is a term that is often used in animal welfare to refer to the stress and burnout experienced by animal welfare professionals. The first half of this workshop identifies what compassion fatigue is, its symptoms, who is susceptible, and engages participants in crafting their own practical, realistic methods for mitigating it. The second half of this workshop looks at stress, it’s physical effects on the body, and practical, on-the-job techniques. Techniques are introduced and practiced during the session.
Learning Objectives: In this 4-hour workshop, participants will:
- Become familiar with the definition of Compassion Fatigue, common symptoms and behaviors associated with CF
- Identify personalized activities that help combat Compassion Fatigue
- Create a customized implementation plan and timeline within the next 30 days to implement activities that combat CF
- Identify their own stress responses and triggers
- Practice a stress management technique during the workshop
- Review seven on-the-job stress management techniques and create a customized plan and start date for practicing on-the-job stress management